6/7/10

Still Here

Hello all, I'm still here in the blogosphere. But I've been traveling. In fact I've become a road warrior. Last week Stephen Small and I set out toward Jackson, MS to spend the night with cousins. Thursday I headed north to Tennessee where I thoroughly enjoyed a weekend with college roommates. No children. It was such a treat. Sunday, I hit the highway again and made my way to the Mississippi Delta (where my parents live and were babysitting Stephen Small). My mom, dad, and brother kindly put him up for 2 nights while I was off having my fun. It was so good to get back to his adorable self. He held his little arms around my neck for no less than a full five minutes when he saw me for the first time in 48 hours. Precious. We plan to eventually make our way back home to Captain Steve. My brother will be joining me for the trip and I'm thrilled. I love having company in the car. We plan to make yummy sandwiches for the 6 hour drive and listen to Laura Bush's biography on audio! What fun! I'm sure we'll stop 10 times (since we're traveling with a toddler), and I really hope to find a roadside stand with perfectly ripe tomatoes. George (my brother) and I never travel together just the two of us, so it will be a blast to catch up and be silly with the person who has the most strangely similar sense of humor as I do.


I hope to be back soon with more updates on my travels, but in the meantime, I'll keep on loving summer! The heat, pools, fresh vegetables, good books, old friends, cousins, and afternoons spent watching Little House on the Prairie.

Oh summer, what a joy!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails