An explanation of Don't Say I Didn't Warn You....
First of all, Stephen did not actually burn anything in the microwave. He once overheated a bottle, but thankfully realized it before scalding the baby's throat.
Really it was his questions about microwaving that alerted me to not let him heat anything without instructions or supervision.
For example....he'd ask, "How long do I warm this up, 5 minutes?" (referring to leftover chicken Parmesan)
5 minutes is 4 minutes and 30 seconds too long for most anything in the microwave.
The picture of him with the fire was taken a couple years ago when he was doing some controlled forestry burning in Georgia. It has always cracked me up and it fits with the microwave story/warning.
And while I'm on the subject of Stephen Grande, I must brag on his handiness and share a sneak peak of the screened-in porch he built on the back of our house. He just finished putting all the screens up last night.
more pictures to come soon...in color