I don't aspire to become a quilter any time soon. Though I have a large (VERY large) spot in my heart for quilts, I just don't have the time and space to take it seriously at this point in my life.
I do however understand the basic concept and thought it would be a great way to use some scraps to make Stephen Small a toddler pillow case. I completed the project in July and never posted, so better late than never!
Here's my very unprofessional how to:
1) cut fabric into squares (any size you wish) - I think these here are 4" X 4"
2) lay squares out and plan the quilt pattern
3) sew individual squares (right sides together) forming strips
4) sew strips (right sides together)
5) once finished, use quilted piece to sew into a basic pillow case or sham - I made a sham.
pre-wash all fabric
have your iron handy to iron down seems
Stephen Small has rested his sweet little head on this for over a month. I've washed it many times and its held up nicely.
Hope you're inspired! Happy quiltin'.