8/31/10

Baby Gender

My 20 week ultrasound appointment has come and gone. And we DID NOT find out if the baby is a boy or a girl.

I was tempted...quite tempted, but with Stephen Grande's support and determination to wait for the surprise, I held out.

We did not find out Stephen Small's boy-ness before he was born and we did just fine. I will admit his "home from the hospital outfit" was not much to get excited about. I recall packing a zip lock bag with a white onesie, a pair of socks, and a yellow swaddling blanket.

My family had fun placing bets over what Stephen would be and when he would arrive. Funny to look back and see that the majority thought he would be a girl.

Baby pool for Stephen Small

My exciting news today is that baby Spooner #2 has 10 fingers, 10 toes, and all major organ systems in place! We are SO grateful and praise God for a good report.

8 comments:

Wanting What I Have said...

We think surprises are THE BEST!!! So happy for you and your fam that baby #2 is healthy! Congratulations!

whitney said...

Praise God! This is so exciting!

Nell said...

You're killin' me, smalls....Although I respect your determination to wait! It will be a fun surprise! I'm grateful all is well with Baby Two!

Lindsay said...

You're killing me, too!!! But, more (and most) importantly, thank you God for another healthly Spooner!

Laura said...

THRILLED for you that baby 2 is healthy! My long time baby predicting streak was broken on SS so I won't even guess this time!! :)

Lynn Beck said...

I was sure SS was a boy, but I'm predicting #2 is a girl. But either one will be SUPERB!

Erin Caden Rogers said...

The Chinese Birth Calendar NEVER lies:) and since our due dates are so close...I'm guessing its another boy! Praise God for a healthy babe!

leslie the young mother said...

Unbeliavable...how DO y'all possibly wait!? I only have respect for types like you, ha. Praise the Lord for another healthy Spoonful!

Related Posts with Thumbnails