10/9/09

Less of the Red Checkered Carpet

I had wonderful intentions of posting about the apple pie I made yesterday, but the pictures are not so great and I accidentally left the butter out of the recipe. So today I will discuss a topic that I am a little more knowledgeable about than apple pie making.

And that topic would be Swiffering.

Do you use DRY Swiffers?

Because if you don't, then your floors are not clean!!!

I used wet ones for years thinking they were the best thing since sliced bread.

Then one day, shortly after I had Stephen Small and my mom was doing all the cleaning at my house, she picked up some dry Swiffers at the store.

Needless to say, we were astounded, yes, astounded by how much dirt and dust they pick up. WAY more than the wet ones.

I am embarrassed to show you, but in case you need proof. LOOK.

This was from high traffic area that had been swept before I Swiffered.

Maybe I should buy stock in Swiffer because I think I'll be using a lot of them now that my little lion cub is on the CRAWL. Very wobbly and immaturely, but definitely crawling. He reminds me of Simba from the Lion King.
And with his new found skills you can look forward to seeing less of my red checkered carpet which has been the background of most every picture of him since birth. Yea for a change of scenery!!!
P.S. I added a new cleaning and organizing category under topics on my side bar...... I am not an expert on this by any means. But maybe my desire to keep a clean and simple house and the ways I attempt to do that will be inspiring and worth sharing.

Have a wonderful weekend. Buy some Dry Swiffers.

Clean your floors.

And have some friends over.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

we are huge advocates of the dry swiffer as well. M gets a kick out of showing me all the nasty-ness he collects with it. Yay for Stephen crawling!!

leslie the young mother said...

And off to the store I go for some swiffers...

Go baby Stephen with the crawling!

The Brannens said...

Go baby Stephen!

We love Swiffers at our house. That is Nick's favorite house chore to do and let him do it all he wants!

Lynn Beck said...

I love swiffers too, but I've been more with the wet ones. (I like the way they smell!) You've convinced me that the dry are even better though.

The floors look great, but Stephen looks even greater!

sutalbot said...

Love that sweet expression on Stephen's lil face. Go baby!

Okay young moms...we'll try them! Actually we've been using a "steam mop," but for quick clean ups...hmmmm, nice.

Related Posts with Thumbnails