SB's gardening tips...
1. Keep it simple. Start with 1 or 2 plants and slowly build up to more.
2. Find a mentor. I reley on my mother in law and landscape designer friend, JTF III.
3. Plant what is good for your yard. If you have lots of shade, find a plant that thrives in shade. If lots of sun, take advantage of it and find plants that love the sun.
4. Use good soil. I suggest Miracle Grow potting or gardening soil.
5. Plant what you like and don't be afraid to try new things!
A few plant pics.....
Herbs...Rosemary and Parsley. I had Basil too, but I planted it too early. This last wave of cold weather killed it. See...live and learn.
Coleus...Don't you just love the funky purple,pink, and lime green?!
Dianthus, a house warming gift from my MIL. These come in all shade of pink!